Comment on this article |
Email this article |
10,000 MARCHED IN L.A.!! -- WHY DIDN'T WE HEAR ABOUT IT!? (english)
23 Jul 2003
Did someone say the Peace movement was dead? Well, it's being reborn as an anti-Bush, Impeach or Pink-Slip the President, anti-Imperialist, End the Occupation, Out of Iraq, anti-Patriot Act, Anti-Corporate Control, Civil Liberties & Social Justice Movement -- and it had it's coming out party Friday evening in L.A.'s Century City!!
Did someone say the Peace movement was dead? Well, if it ever was, it's now reborn, fully formed, as an anti-Bush, anti-Imperialist, Out of Iraq, Social Justice Movement -- and it had it's coming out party Friday evening in Century City!
THOUSANDS PROTEST BUSH OUTSIDE WESTSIDE FUND-RAISER!!
In a scene spectacularly reminiscent of this past winter's massive demonstrations -- a crowd of protesters, estimated as high as 10,000, gathered directly across the street from the Century City Hotel (where Bush the Imbecile raised $3.5 million from his fellow plutocrats with help from singer Johnny Mathis and comedian Dennis Miller). The demonstrators, meanwhile, chanted, danced, carried signs, listened to speeches and song from the mainstage, and, most memorably, roared euphorically when a massive pink banner/dress/slip with a special message for W was lowered from a ninth floor balcony of the Century City Plaza Hotel.
*GREAT* PHOTOS & COMMENTS:
(1) http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/67964.php -- Crowd shots, choice signs, Dubya himself!
(2) http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/67953.php -- Giant literal (Code) pink slip for Bush!
(3) http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/67973.php -- Coverage, crowds, characters, signs, and of course cops!
(4) http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/67996.php -- The literal giant pink slip: wide-angle shot at L.A.ís Century City Plaza Hotel!
(5) http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/67997.php -- Think Pink, and weird guy!
(6) http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/68025.php -- Cops, cops, and mo' cops! -- Stand-off!
(7) http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/68021.php -- Fight the Power!!: great crowd shots!
(8) http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/68015.php -- Mo' crowd shots - wide-angle and close ups!
(9) http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/68010.php -- "End The Texas Occupation Of The White House!!" -- Mo' crowds!
(10) http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/68005.php -- **FANTASTIC** *Very* Large-Format, *Very Wide-Angle, Panoramic, Right-in-the-Crowd photo(s)!:
YOU'LL FEEL LIKE YOU WERE ACTUALLY THERE!!
(Great photo to show off your large screen computer display!)
(11) http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/68263.php -- "Fuck Bush!" party pbotos!
(12) http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/68355.php -- More signs, cops, and Main Stream Reporter Starts to Lose It!
(13) http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/68364.php -- Photos of police acting like...,well..., *PIGS*!
(14) http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/68391.php -- "Terrorism Fundraiser" and other great signs!
(15) http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/07/69027.php -- Mo' *GREAT* photos (and nice woman with thong panties)!!
(16) http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/07/70772.php -- More images, more great signs!
(17) http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/07/70756.php -- Last photos of great signs!
Reports and Commentary:
CODE PINK -- http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/68003.php
Century City: The Anti-Bush Party -- http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/68159.php
LAPD-demo "Scuffle" Info -- http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/68283_comment.php#68344
re ANSWER -- http://la.indymedia.org/news/2003/06/68124_comment.php#68289