US Indymedia Global Indymedia Publish About us
Printed from Boston IMC : http://boston.indymedia.org/
Boston.Indymedia
IVAW Winter Soldier

Winter Soldier
Testimonies
Brad Presente

Other Local News

Spare Change News
Open Media Boston
Somerville Voices
Cradle of Liberty
The Sword and Shield

Local Radio Shows

WMBR 88.1 FM
What's Left
WEDS at 8:00 pm
Local Edition
FRI (alt) at 5:30 pm

WMFO 91.5 FM
Socialist Alternative
SUN 11:00 am

WZBC 90.3 FM
Sounds of Dissent
SAT at 11:00 am
Truth and Justice Radio
SUN at 6:00 am

Create account Log in
Comment on this article | Email this article | Printer-friendly version
Announcement :: GLBT/Queer : Human Rights : Organizing : Social Welfare
The Skewed and Screwed Revue II
16 Aug 2010
Modified: 10:59:57 PM
Come to see an Amazing Concert of Gender-Bending, Classical, Contemporary, Circus and Erotic Entertainment! Benefitting a couple of members of the Queer and Activist Community who are really down on their luck.
The long story much abbreviated is that A.J. Spellman, who used to do work for The Network/ La Red and has been a reliable web/ tech employee was fired on a technicality four months into his transition that adds up to Trans Discrimination. Much more details can be found on www.brinaj.com but I guarantee you, the story will make you cringe and get angry. While still locked in a legal battle for unemployment, food stamps, and appealing the acts of A.J.'s Employer, he and his partner, Bri Crofton have decided to host a great show for which 75% of the proceeds will go towards helping them one day perhaps pay their own rent instead of living on friends' couches, and the other 25% will be dedicated towards future fundraising events with a particular emphasis on the "T" in the LGBTQI set of issues.

AllAsia Bar in Central Square
August 25th, 6pm, Wednesday
$5 19+ (Rated R Performance)
See also:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=112314965488070&ref=ts

This work is in the public domain
Add a quick comment
Title
Your name Your email

Comment

Text Format
Anti-spam Enter the following number into the box:
To add more detailed comments, or to upload files, see the full comment form.