Comment on this article |
Email this article |
News :: Education : Environment
21 Ways Lives of Cruelty Meted Out by Humans to Racehorses and Workhorses
31 Mar 2011
horse slaughterhouses, aerial hunting,
drafted to carry ammunition over mountain roads, barn fires, lives of loneliness, whips, spurs, hunger, thirst, heart attacks, etc.
1. Barn fires kill them
2. They are shunted from greedy owner to greedy owner... living lives of
3. They live in cages called stalls... with no direct sunlight...some of
them for weeks or months at a time in a world of artificial halflight.
4. On the track they are bitten and kicked or slammed by other horses.
5. On the track they are whipped and goaded with spurs by jockeys
6. Some of them die of heart attacks, driven too hard or giving all to humans
who only want the ribbons and the profits.
7. Some are poisoned, injured, killed by competitor horse owners
8. Some are given speed or other harsh stimulants or depressants by their own owners
9. Some trip on the track, or in jumping... sometimes a foreleg can be
hanging by a tendon.
10. Horses with leg injuries are often murdered by slaveowners
thinking only of economics
11. Horses have been killed in war since they were enslaved by human beings.
They have been shot, smashed, gored, starved, abandoned, commandeered (stolen from
owners by the military). They have been forced to carry ammunition and have been blown apart by would be Bonapartes.
12. Carriage horses live lives of abuse smashed into by cars in NYC and elsewhere.
13. Amish horses are frequently killed by cars... and frequently sent to
slaughter by their slaveowners
14. Horses used in foxhunts frequently break legs in gopher holes as they
are whipped into running
15. Some horses are forced to carry human beings round and round in circles
at 'riding schools'
16. Many horses have poor shelter from the cold and heat, insufficient
food and water, are forced to work pulling plows etc.
17. BP and the Bureau of Land Management have aerially hunted some of Nevada’s last
Remaining wild mustangs… because BP alleges they interfere with a pipeline
18. Many are sold for horsemeat and are liveshipped to Mexico, China,
or other places which have horse slaughterhouses
The 8 countries killing the most horses for meat include China, Mexico.
The USG does not allow horse slaughterhouses in US but allows the liveshipping
of the terrorized animals to Mexico.
19. Horses are gored in rodeos
20. Horses are gored in bullfights, most frequently in Latino countries.
21. Filmmakers like Sidney Lumet have blinded them for 'screen effect' Clint Eastwood has worked to ban tripwiring (horses running are tripped by wire stretched across a road… often break their legs… in film battle and other scenes.)in the US but the practice is ongoing elsewhere.
BP and BLM aerial hunting of mustangs in NV http://whatsallthisthen.wordpress.com/2010/07/06/the-mustang-conspiracy-/
8 Countries with Most Horse Slaughterhouses www.indybay.org/newsitems/2011/03/25/18675552.php
Retired racehorses starve in Kentucky as staff take fat salaries http://www.nonprofitquarterly.org/index.php
8 countries with most horse slaughterhouses http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2011/03/25/18675552.php
PETA's work for carriage horses in NYC
Barn Fires in Charlestown W VA kill horses
This work is in the public domain