Comment on this article |
Email this article |
News :: Education : Environment
Salvation Army Colludes With Cargill Bird Murder
by Health For The Homeless
10 Nov 2011
Christian food banks distributing toxic food
Christian churches are not yet part of the solution
as they dstribute animal flesh in food banks, homeless shelters, food kitchens, adding to animal agony, human disease, reduced acreage yield, environmental destruction, energy waste
US and Elsewhere: The Salvation Army in violation of the teachings of its founders General William Booth and his wife and Bramwell Booth and of the teachings of Jesus who threw the moneychanging butchers out of the temple.. has become a major purveyor of murdered birds. In distributing Cargill products they are causing leukosis (leukemia
when a bird has it), food poisoning, uric acid, etc.
Many other Christian Protestant Catholic and other denominations are distributing trash meats, toxic food in their homeless shelters and meal programs, causing animal agony, human disease, environmental destruction, and energy waste.
The founders of Methodism, Franciscan monasteries,
Seventh Day Adventists and other denominations
were vegetarian in harmony with the life of Jesus.
There is dispute among Biblical scholars about
fish but not about mammal and bird flesh.
GENERAL BRAMWELL BOOTH OF THE SALVATION ARMY ON VEGETARIAN DIET:
(General Booth is the son of the founder William Booth)
(General Booth used vegetarian diet in his London alcohol cure clinics because he believed that meat and alcohol crave each other. His successin this regard was one factor in the Salvation Army's rapid growth. He believed that meat is highly concentrated and alcohol highly expansive.)These passages are taken from a pamphlet written by General Bramwell Booth, former director General of the Salvation Army, and a son of founder General William Booth.
"Here are some of my reasons for doing so (becoming vegetarian):
1. Because I have myself tried a vegetarian diet with the greatestbenefithaving been for more than 10 years at l time a strict vegetarian.
2. Because according to the Bible God originally intended the food forhumans to be vegetarian. (here he quotes Genesis 1:29)
3. Because a vegetarian diet is favourable to purity, to chastity,andtoperfect control of the appetites and passions which are often a sourceof great temptation, especially to the young.
4. Because a vegetarian diet is favourable to robust health andstrength.With very few exceptions, and these only confirmed invalids, I believethe people would be stronger....
5. Because tens of thousands of our poor people (could save money)...
6. Because a vegetarian diet of wheat, oatmeal and other grains,lentils,peass, beans, nuts and similr food is more than ten times aseconomicalas a flesh diet. Meat contains half its weight in water which has tobepaid for as though it were meat. A vegetarian diet, even if we allowcheese, butter and milkwill only cost about a quarter as much as a mixed diet of flesh andvegetables.
7. Because a vegetarian diet would stop the enormous waste of allkindsof animal food.
8. Because a vegetarian diet is a great protection against ourdrinking(this belief of General Booth has been upheld by modern biochemistryresearch about the relationship of meat and alcohol)....
9. Because a vegetarian diet is favorable to industry and hard work...
10. Because it is proved that life, health, and happiness are allfavoroued by a vegetarian diet.
11. I favour a vegetarian diet because the digestive organs of humansare not well adapted to the use of flesh....
12. Because it is very difficult.. especially in hot weather and warmclimates to keep flesh food sweet long enough to cool and eat it anda great deal of meat is eaten after it has begun to decay...(We have temporarily mislaid the sheet which lists reasons
13, 14,and 15.. groups.msn.com/christianveg has a link to the complete text)
16. Because of the awful cruelty and terror to which tens of thousands(now billions) of animals killed for human food are subjected intraveling long distance by ship and rail and road to theslaughterhousesof the world. God disapproves of all cruelty.. whether to man orbeast.
17. Because of the terrible cruelties practised for killing animalsinmanyslaughter houses. The whole busines of killing is cruel.. even whenit is done with care, and we know that in the case of millions ofcreatures it is done with very little care. Ten thousand pigs arekilled for food every hour in Europe alone. (Now Oscar Mayer kills1100 pigs an hour at their Madison Wisconsin plant.)
18. Because the occupation of slaughtering animals is brutalising tothose who are required to do the work. "The highest sentiments ofhumanemen" says a certain writer, and I agree with him, "revolt at thecruelty,the degrading sights, the distressing cries, the perpetualbloodshed,and all the attendant horrors which must surround the transit andslaughter of suffering creatures."
19. Because a flesh diet is not necessary to hard work. A great partofthe work of the world is done by animals which subsist on vegetablefood..namely, horses, mules, camels, oxen, etc.I believe this matter is well worthy the serious consideration ofChristian leaders. It has an important bearing not only on their ownhealth and happiness but upon their influence among the people, as menand women who are free from the bondage of that selfish gratificationwhich so often afflicts the professed servants of Christ. Let usremember theApostle's direction: 'Whether ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do,do all to the glory of God.' "(published by the LVS 53 Marloes Rd. Kensington London UK W8)
Booth text reprinted from the London Vegetarian Soc.
christianabolition.blogspot.com/ www.ivu.org/history/tolstoy/natural.html Tolstoywho attracted Gandhi and Dr King to nonviolence was a vegan Christian
This work is in the public domain