Comment on this article |
Email this article |
News :: Social Welfare : Technology
Toxins In Ocean Spray Drinks
by Pure Food
21 Jul 2012
Modified: 09:18:19 AM
Ocean Spray is to be praised for its cooperative agriculture based in Lakeville-Middleborough Massachusetts. But its diet drinks have several toxins
Sleeping Beauty’s Poisoned Cranberries
Ocean Spray is to be commended for its
production of berries, cherries and grapefruit, nature’s most perfect foods.
However its diet cranberry-cherry drink has
1. Blue 1 Food coloring which can cause cancer, vomiting, bloating, abdominal discomfort and diarrhea eczema, hives, puffy eyelids, sneezing, constipation, dry skin, recurring ear infections, congestion and wheezing. Severe reactions include anaphylaxis, headaches, migraines, anxiety, crying, fatigue. Blue 1 can cause hyperactivity and behavior problems in children.
2. Red 40 Food coloring is a petrochemical product banned in much of Europe. Amongs it side effects are damage to DNA.
3. Fumaric acid, a food acidulent
4. Malic acid
5. Sodium citrate
6. “Natural flavors” can be monosodium glutamate, which the industry dominated FDA allows in food under that label.
7. Acesulfame Potassium, an artificial sweetener, can cause breast cancer, says the Center For
Science in the Public Interest. It is not metabolized by the body. During the manufacture of acesulfame potassium, dangerous methylene chloride is used as a solvent
8. Insecticide residues
Sucralose artificial sweetener in Splenda can cause shrinking of the thymus gland, headaches,
and destruction of good bacteria in the intestinal tract
http://www.ehow.com/info_7843461_blue-1-side-effects.html re Blue 1 side effects
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7340426.stm Red 40 food coloring
http://occupationaltherapyvolusia.net/?p=211 Red 40 food coloring
This work is in the public domain