Comment on this article |
Email this article |
Interview :: Gentrification : Organizing
(A-Radio) Mediterranean 1: The occupied refugee center Notara26 in Athens
by A-Radio Berlin
04 Jan 2016
As Anarchist Radio Berlin we had the opportunity of making an interview with two activists of the occupied and self-organized refugee center Notara26 in Athens, Greece. The comrades tell us about the origins and ideas of their center as well as of the anarchist influence and importance of the Exarchia neighbourhood. They also comment on the topic of governmental (Syriza) policies and the difference of their work to such policies. And they also mention problems encountered in this project.
You'll find the audio (to listen online or download in different sizes) here: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2016/01/02/a-radio-in-english-mediterranean-1/
Length: 12:36 min
You can find other English and Spanish language audios here: http://aradio.blogsport.de/englishcastellano/.
Among our last audios you can find:
* Northern Europe 2: An interview on the Anarchist Bookfair in Tallinn, Estonia: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/12/18/a-radio-in-english-northern-europe/
* Northern Europe 1: An audio on the countercultural Musta Pispala festival in Tampere, Finland: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/11/23/a-radio-in-english-northern-europe/
* Eastern Europe 5: An interview with Anarchist Black Cross Warsaw: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/11/19/a-radio-in-english-eastern-europe-/
* The documentation of a presentation about the topic "Undercover for State and Capital": http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/11/04/a-radio-auf-englisch-audio-documen/
* Eastern Europe 4: An interview about anarchists and the tenants movement in Warsaw: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/10/22/a-radio-in-english-anarchists-and-/
* Eastern Europe 3: An interview about anarchism and the squats in Warsaw: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/10/18/a-radio-in-english-eastern-europe-/
* Eastern Europe 2: An interview about the squatted ROD garden in Warsaw: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/10/14/a-radio-in-english-eastern-europe-/
* Eastern Europe 1: An interview about struggles in Poland and the Rozbrat squat: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/09/20/a-radio-in-english-eastern-europe-/
* An interview with the Anarchist Federation in Glasgow about their work, the referendum and the rise of nationalism: http://aradio.blogsport.de/2015/09/18/a-radio-in-english-anarchist-feder/
Enjoy! And please feel free to share!
ps.: We are now on Twitter! Please feel welcome to follow us at @aradio_berlin!
ps2.: Please note: We are always looking for people willing to lend us a hand with transcriptions and translations from Spanish or German into English as well as people able to do voice recordings - in order to amplify our international radio work. You can contact us at aradio-berlin/at/riseup(dot)net!
This work is in the public domain