Comment on this article |
Email this article |
News :: Radical Culture : Social Welfare
Don't Deforest For The Holidays
by Tree Protection
04 Dec 2016
Pilgrims in Massachusetts banned Christmas trees between 1659 and 1681. Environmentalists ask that those wanting trees make them artificial or decorate living trees outside.
Avoid Deforesting For Christmas, Chanukah Or Any Other Celebration
Treekilling Boniface was canonized some time after cutting down a many hundreds of years old oak in the 700's. Thus began the practice which would result in killing of trillions of 'Christmas'
There are many many studies proving that trees have feelings. Chandra Bose was knighted by Queen Victoria for demonstrating their sentience. The book The Secret Life Of Plants lists several studies.
Respect trees. Don't kill them.
For those who want Christmas, Chanukah or other trees
1. artificial ones are beautiful
2. artificial trees don't cause fires
3. artificial trees don't shed needles
4. artificial trees don't clog landfills
5. artificial trees cost only once, not every year
6. artificial trees don't destroy animal habitat
7. artificial trees don't hasten global warming.
8. artificial trees don't have feelings
9. Christmas cardboard and wrapping paper also kill countless trees.
6. decorate a living tree
1. if you buy a balled living tree, there is a chance it will not live
Massachusetts pilgrims banned Christmas trees between 1659 and 1681.
The world is threatened by extreme weather now because of tree destruction and fossil fuels.
For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
This work is in the public domain