Comment on this article |
Email this article |
News :: Human Rights : Labor : Police and Prisons : Politics : Race
Remove Republicans At the Polls To Impeach Trump, Sessions, Mnuchin, Ross, Gorsuch Etc
30 Sep 2018
12 of many categories of Jeff Sessions' brutal and unconstitutional record
Jeff Sessions is the attorney general of the fraudulently installed Trump
1. Sessions was a racist executioner who as attorney general of Alabama executed only blacks He continued the 199 years of racist executions in Alabama, one of only 7 of fifty states still murdering prisoners in 2018. . Some kill in a momentary hot passion, while Sessions and other execution judges kill in cold premeditation.
2. Sessions was a man whose history of racism was so pronounced that the Senate voted him down for a federal judgeship
3a. As illegitimate attorney general of an illegitimate White House resident Sessions has established himself as a foe of prison reform who wants harsher sentencing
3b. This while he is a profiteer from privatized piratized prisons, despite the fact the US has the highest percent of prisoners in the world and is busting families and hemorrhaging money in keeping nonviolent drug users in jail.
3c. His investments in privatized prisons are also a factor in his
wanting marijuana illegal
4. Sessions is a foe of all legalized marijuana, including medical marijuana and once said those convicted twice of marijuana possession should be executed, despite proof that marijuana can relieve pain in cancer and other patients, reduce the likelihood of serious injury in car crashes, stop seizures because of the effect of cannabinoids
5. Sessions is a promoter of the death penalty
6. Sessions wants the DOJ to puruse unconstitutional asset seizure of those not convicted but only indicted
7. Sessions in Alabama was a suppressor of the African American, Latino and Asian vote
8. As AG of Alabama, Sessions was the only AG in the country involved in enforcing the brutal hitching post which handcuffed men standing in all weather to a post... they had to urinate and defecate in their pants... suffered from terrible thirst and pain and from forced standing. Senator Coons questioned him about his heinous record. The US DOJ which he now heads had to threaten lawsuits against him 3 times before he finally complied. He, a scofflaw, is now in charge of enforcing the nation's laws. In addition he enforced solitary confinement and negligent medical care for prisoners.
9 Chicago filed suit because Jeff Sessions threatened to remove a federal grant for police cars... Chicago's murder rate needs to come down
10. Sessions, pawn of plutocrats, has with Trump, Ajit Pai, and others been responsible for a lawsuit against California which
passed a net neutrality law. Sessions' position is unconstitutional.
11. Sessions is a coconspirator with Trump, Don McGahn, Mitch McConnell and other plutocracy pawns in keeping the FBI from a criminal investigation of Kavanaugh and instead terming the sham show a 'background check'.
12. Sessions along with Trump General Kelly, Secretary Nielsen, racist Steve Miller, Sessions' longtime aide... have enforced child kidnapping, the ripping of babies, toddlers and other young children from their parents. He has set in progress the caging of children as their parents in some cases are deported. As of June 6 2018, MSNBC reported 11,000 children separated from their parents. 1500 have been lost, some of them ending up as human trafficking victims such as in Republican supported Ohio egg farms while AG Mike DeWine did nothing. Those seeking asylum are forced to wait on the bridge over the Rio Grande for as long as a week or more sometimes in 3 digit heat for as much as a week or more.. They come seeking asylum from violent gangs, repressive governments, religious persecuton etc. The UN and the world condemn Trump's, Sessions', Steve Miller's, General Kelly's,
and Nielsen's heinous acts. Senator Merkley went to Texas to investigate. He went
inside 2 detention centers, but in the third this US senator
was denied admission and the police were called. He reported
that in 1 place, the children were kept in 10 x 12 or so
cages, like dogs in a kennel. The ACLU has said that
often the children are kept in one place and the parents
sent to a different state. The ACLU has been in court when
a 53 week old infant was without family members as the judge
decided his fate. There are detention centers with 2 year olds
in them. The children are not receiving any schooling. Do
they get outside at all. The building into which Senator Merkley
was denied access was an abandoned WalMart with blacked out windows.
The GOP: 'party of family values'. What an obscenity.
More on Jeff Sessions' hitching posts:
Only in Alabama was there a hitching post
"Prisoners testified that, in the broiling heat of Alabama's summers, the damp cold of its winters and rain in all seasons, they have stood shackled for as long as seven hours to the chest-high horizontal bars that they call the ''hitching post.'' Often they were deprived of food, water, and the opportunity to use a toilet, prisoners said. ''They had me chained, hitched up to the hitching rail like I was a dog,'' an inmate, Michael Askew, testified last year in hearings on a lawsuit to ban the devices."
Alabama also in response to a lawsuit said it would end chaingangs, known for the chaining of prisoners together but said it would not eliminate the practice of hitching posts
Magistrate McPherson wrote. ''With deliberate indifference for the health, safety and indeed the lives of inmates, prison officials have knowingly subjected them to all of the hazards of the hitching posts, then observed as they suffered pain, humiliation and injuries as a result.''
"Prisoners testified that officials sometimes chain short inmates to the tall bar and vice versa, forcing them into awkward positions for hours. Allen Breed, the former director of the National Institute of Corrections, said hitching posts were worse than Puritan pillorites."
"Over long periods of time from being hitched, a strain on the muscles would result from having to stand for so long and arms raised in a stationary position. In addition, prisoners would endure exposure to sunburn, dehydration, muscle aches, and substantial pain www.nytimes.com/1997/01/31/us/judge-rules-against... 1997 first trial 2002 2nd one
https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news/2002/nov/15/supreme-court-holds-no- the metal handcuffs becoming heated by the sun."
This work is in the public domain