Comment on this article |
Email this article |
Next Steps in the Revolution
by George Washington
14 Aug 2000
Lessons from Philly...
Having participated in R2K Direct Action, and gotten burned by infiltrators, dirty tricks from the police & trumped courts, I believe the next step in the Movement's Evolution for Revolution is this:
1) Just like thieving corporations, we Co-opt their power, names & "public" spaces (even their system organization perhaps) & turn them against each other.
ex. On one chain store, another's logos cover & bury the it, displaying how these carnivores have no conscience and will devour their own
ex. On advertising, a slogan may read from their mascot's mouth says things like "Attention Working Class, you will NOT get your break today!" or hard cold facts to educate the masses on what's really happening
The benefit of this is
i. people will become aware of the travesties by these global offenders
ii. people will no longer be tolerant of their din (think of the distrust & turnoff caused by mud-slinging politicians)
iii. no "dirty protester kids" are involved to legally smear, crack with violent police brigades or ignore in the media
2) Our organizations have not crossed the racial divide. There are plenty of organizations of people of color (as well queers, womens etc) out there doing things, but we have to offer our help in their struggles as they will help us & we all rise up together.
ex. Do not say "us whites are are here to save you"; rather, "we are interested in your struggles. What can we do to help?"
The benefit of this is
i. broader democracy
ii. broader coalition
iii. numbers, numbers, numbers
3) We can longer preach to the choir. It is time to infiltrate the SubUrban Wastelands & stink the place up with visual/vocal dissent. Not Everyone knows how bad things are, or even those that do haven't seen our organized brotherhoods, but I say that's where the next Local/Regional/Global decentralized demonstrations belong & will turn the Critical Mass towards Political Awareness, Power & Democracy
ex. Massive Mall Occupations
ex. Massive Interstate/Thruway demonstrations
4) We call our own Targets, Demonstration Locales & Times within a "window" that is spontaneous. This keeps Constitutionally-Breaking Cops from rounding people up just before mobilization (witness A15 & R2K Puppet Space), because NOBODY, not even non-violent protesters
themselves know when beautiful street dmonstrations, banners, dancing & music will break out. What would happen is some goon from the Police Force will inevitably club some innocent demonstrator & then boom: all the beauty of direct action will break out--hence violent cops bringing revolution by their own hand. All this represents a step forward from activists being "Event Chasers".
ex. Some Major City
ex. Some particular week is announced as say, "the Non Violent World Party comes to Town"
5) We protect ourselves from Infiltration by having all newcomers to Affinity Group meetings for their OWN AG.
i. Protects safety of working AG’s
ii. Provides better flexibility of comfort levels for new activists
Please fellow activists, share our creativity; there's too much at stake to let the Ruling Class of the Capitalist Fascicts & their Protectorate Armies believe they've won.
PS To all Federal/Police Surveillance etc.:
1. You are Human Rights Benedict Arnolds
2. Our actions are Non-Violent
3. No one has committed to anything above--these are just the ideas of free speech