US Indymedia Global Indymedia Publish About us
Printed from Boston IMC :
IVAW Winter Soldier

Winter Soldier
Brad Presente

Other Local News

Spare Change News
Open Media Boston
Somerville Voices
Cradle of Liberty
The Sword and Shield

Local Radio Shows

WMBR 88.1 FM
What's Left
WEDS at 8:00 pm
Local Edition
FRI (alt) at 5:30 pm

WMFO 91.5 FM
Socialist Alternative
SUN 11:00 am

WZBC 90.3 FM
Sounds of Dissent
SAT at 11:00 am
Truth and Justice Radio
SUN at 6:00 am

Create account Log in
Comment on this article | View comments | Email this article | Printer-friendly version
News :: Human Rights
My Letter To The FBI
29 Apr 2005

If you take the time to learn about Charles A. Schlund's court cases [one was appealed to the United States Supreme Court in May, 2001]; you will begin to understand.
From: Martin F. Abernathy
To: Boston, Buffalo, Albuquerque, Houston,

Phoenix, Philadelphia FBI Offices
Date: April 29, 2005

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am writing to request that the Federal

Bureau of Investigation closely examine two

murders that occurred in the Northeastern

United States. These two cases are:

1.) The murder of Detective Sgt. James Allen,

at the Providence, RI Police Department

headquarters on Sunday, April 17, 2005;

allegedly committed by Esteban Carpio.

2.) The murder of Nickoletta Staszewski, on

Thursday, April 21, 2005; allegedly committed

by her son, Richard Staszewski. This murder

occurred in Brentwood, NH.







I KNOW Charles Schlund [SSN: XXX-XX-1917]. I

have been in contact with him since July of

1999. I visited him in January and February of

2003; [I was a guest in his home in Glendale,

AZ for approximately 3 weeks]. Mr. Schlund has

given me a great deal of the information that

he gave to
the FBI.

In addition to this, I have a copy of his

sworn affidavit, from his lawsuit:


9th Cir. App. Case No.00-15126

Plaintiffs/Appellants, CHARLES AUGUST SCHLUND,

III an individual, et al,



Case No: CIV98-1875PHX ROS, reassigned to RCB

that was appealed all the way to the U.S.

Supreme Court in May, 2001.





Some quotations from the affidavit of Charles

A. Schlund, III:

"I also briefed the FBI on the new electronic

implants that the CIA had designed and were

being mass produced by the NSA. These implants

could be used to fix ball games, horse races

and dog races or to fix elections. The were

being injected into large numbers of people in

investigations and used to control targeted


"The following is a short list of the kind of

papers, files and documents contained in the
paperwork we read through. <SNIP> 36. The

designing, testing and use of new kinds of

surveillance intrusion and monitoring,

torture, and control devices."


"Next, I'm going to try to explain to the

court what I remember from the experiments on

designing, testing and use of these devices

against the American People and others. While

I was
reading these papers one of the most

interesting things in these files and papers

were the files
on the experimentation of these and many other

kinds of monitoring and torture devices. These
government documents that I was reading

referred to the use of some kinds of these

devices and or
implants as a form of mind control. After

Jose Delgado and many of the others had mapped

the control points in the brain and what

stimuli was needed to control these areas of

the brain,
it then became the responsibility of the

engineers designing the devices to incorporate

electronic control mechanisms into the

monitoring devices. Many new technologies had

to be
engineered and designed and tested to achieve

their goals. These files detailed the

funneling of
many billions of dollars out of the government

in the engineering, designing and testing of

new kinds of electronic devices. This money

was directly funneled out of the government in

operations with few of the people involved in

the actual funding or experiments even knowing

the end product would be."


"As technology progressed and miniaturization

became more possible, many new kinds of

were designed for the monitoring of the

general public and others around the world. In

the early
1970's the designing of the devices that would

be widely used against the American people was

a point where it was for sure that these

devices would work and could be used. I am

uncertain of
the year but I believe we are now talking

about 1973 and the devices are ready for the

first mass
experiments on the American People."

"In these new devices had been incorporated a

wide variety of control and torture modes to

torture and control political dissidents,

political prisoners and others inside the

United States
and around the world."


"Next, they learned that if you tortured

someone long enough and kept them exposed to

magnetic fields from the devices long enough

they would, in many of the cases, develop

cancer. I am now diabetic and the diabetes is

getting worse with the torture and my diabetes

caused from depriving me of thousands of

nights' of sleep over the years from the DEA

me and from the constant exposure to the

devices. I most likely will develop Lymphatic

cancer in
time, which will cause my death. The court

should understand that I did tell the FBI

while I was
working with them the name of a person that

would develop Lymphatic cancer from the

devices that
was in the files I read. Years later this

person did develop Lymphatic cancer and died

from the
cancer. This person's name would be a national

security issue if released in this letter or

if it
ever became public. I also gave the FBI the

names of others that had died from the effects

of the
devices, like Fan McKelvey, who was a person

who covertly worked for them."


Also from Charles Schlund's more recent







GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States

of America, a sovereign
nation; GEORGE W. BUSH, an individual; DOES 1

-10, individuals; DOES 11-20,
entities, Defendants.

No. CV03-1590 PHX VAM

"During this same time, the FBI called

Plaintiff Schlund and informed him that the

torturing him were CIA implants. The Court can

contact the Phoenix office of the FBI and

to have Agent Adam S. appear before the Court

to testify that the implants are CIA designed
torture devices for the removal of political

witnesses and political prisoners of the



Charles Schlund has explained to me in detail

how these implants can be used to TORTURE

people in order to FORCE THEM TO COMMIT

CRIMES, including MURDER.

I have been researching this matter for more

than five years; based upon my research [and

also based upon the information that was

supplied to me by Charles A. Schlund, III], I

believe that
both Esteban Carpio and Richard Staszewski

were TORTURED into committing murder through

the use of the implants that Mr. Schlund

described. I DEMAND that the FBI investigate

these two cases to determine conclusively

whether Mr. Carpio and/or Mr. Staszewski were

implanted. The use of these implants poses a

tremendous threat to public safety, and I

demand that the use of these implants be



On Friday, April 22, 2005, at approximately

11:30am I went to the Providence, RI FBI

[located at 10 Dorrance St.] and asked to

speak to an FBI agent about the possible

between the information provided to the FBI by

Mr. Schlund [about the use of implants to

crime] and the murder of Detective Sgt. James

Allen in Providence on 4/17/05.

An FBI agent [who REFUSED to identify himself]

very rudely ordered me to leave the FBI office


leave the office immediately. I will NOT be

intimidated, I shall continue to pursue this

matter. Both Mr. Schlund and I are aware that

THOUSANDS of serious crimes [including

murders, assaults, arsons, and sexual

assaults] are caused by the use of these so-

called "monitoring devices", every year. The

FBI needs to put an end to this intolerable

situation. Until the FBI acts, I SHALL NOT



Martin F. Abernathy

This work is in the public domain
Add a quick comment
Your name Your email


Text Format
Anti-spam Enter the following number into the box:
To add more detailed comments, or to upload files, see the full comment form.


Re: My Letter To The FBI
29 Apr 2005
More details about the New Hampshire murder and the Providence, RI murder.

The Union Leader (Manchester NH)
April 22, 2005 Friday STATE EDITION
LENGTH: 842 words
HEADLINE: Police: Man killed mom
BYLINE: By PAT GROSSMITH Union Leader Staff and ADAM GROFF Union Leader Correspondent

BRENTWOOD -- A 21-year-old man is charged with stabbing his mother to death yesterday morning in their Robinson Street home.

Richard Stephen Staszewski, 45 Robinson St., was arrested and charged with second-degree murder in the death of his mother, Nickoletta M. Staszewski, 47.

He is being detained in the Rockingham County jail and will be arraigned today at 11 a.m. in Exeter District Court, temporarily housed at the Rockingham County Superior Courthouse.

Staszewski was arrested yesterday at 10 a.m. at Exeter Hospital, where he was taken by police. He was treated there for injuries that were not life-threatening. He was transferred to the jail when the hospital released him.

Authorities did not say how he was injured.

But neighbors said Staszewski jumped through a second-floor window after he allegedly killed his mother.

According to the New Hampshire Attorney General's Office, Brentwood Police went to the home yesterday at 4:43 a.m. for a report of a young man out of control.

When police arrived, they found Mrs. Staszewski dead. An autopsy had yet to be scheduled as of yesterday afternoon.

Mrs. Staszewski was a sixth-grade teacher at Nock Middle School in Newburyport, Mass.

Senior Assistant Attorney General N. William Delker said a family member called police but would not say who that was.

Karen Goerndt, 5 Greenleaf Circle, said it was Staszewski's younger sister, Callie, an eighth-grader at Cooperative Middle School in Stratham, who called police.

"I feel for the little girl," she said. "It's sad. It's sad."

Goerndt said it is shocking to have something as tragic as the murder take place in the neighborhood. She said she never thought something like this could happen in the rural neighborhood, especially since she had lived in Houston and Dallas.

The Staszewskis' three-story, beige and white-trimmed home with black shutters is in a two-year-old, upscale development known as the Meadows. Residences sell for $500,000 to $600,000, Goerndt said.

Paul Wilson of Juniper Lane, as well as Goerndt, said Staszewski jumped through a second-floor window onto the driveway.

Wilson said he had a butcher knife in his hand as officers approached him.

Goerndt said another neighbor looked out the window and called 911 to tell them to send more officers fast because it looked as though Staszewski was overpowering the officers.

Wilson said Staszewski was reportedly standing in his driveway screaming, "I am invincible! I am invincible!" when police arrived.

At some point, he crossed the street to a neighbor's mailbox, Goerndt said. Those neighbors were prevented from leaving their home, she said, because blood was on the mailbox and investigators were processing the crime scene.

The neighbor was told it will take two to three days to complete, Goerndt said.

Goerndt's daughter, Chelsea, a seventh-grader at the Cooperative school, said she saw Callie leaving the house yesterday morning in the company of a female state trooper.

Chelsea said students catch the school bus directly across the street from the Staszewskis' home.

She said she and other middle school students thought there had been a robbery when they saw police officers, a broken window and glass in the driveway, yellow tape blocking the road, and state and Brentwood police cruisers parked outside the home yesterday morning.

Also parked in front of the home was a Fremont police cruiser. State police investigators were seen photographing its interior.

Fremont Police Chief Neal Janvrin said one of his officers assisted Brentwood police in responding to what turned out to be a murder.

Chelsea said she saw Callie Staszewski, with her backpack, walking with a female trooper and heard the officer say, "Thank you, Callie. You have been a great help."

Then the eighth-grader got into a state police cruiser that drove off, Chelsea said.

"Think about when she gets up to testify," said Goerndt. "She's testifying on behalf of her mother, but it will be against her brother. She's in a terrible situation and then she has to relive it, if it goes to trial."

Goerndt said Richard Staszewski was in Texas on business when his wife was murdered.

Chelsea said there was no announcement in school about the murder and teachers did not talk to her about it.

School Administrative Unit 16, however, issued a statement saying the mother of a student "has met a tragic death."

The statement did not identify the school the child was attending but said the district's Crisis Intervention Team is working with students, staff and families who have been affected.

The school district also said extra adults were being put on school buses returning home in the affected neighborhoods "to help address student anxiety and to answer any questions the students may have."

New Hampshire State Police Major Crime Unit, in conjunction with the Brentwood Police Department, is continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding the murder. Staff Reporter Kathryn Marchocki and the Associated Press contributed to this story.

Suspect in Providence detective slaying may have mental problems
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) April 18,2005

The suspect in the slaying of a Providence police detective over the weekend was seeking help for mental problems, according to his family.

Esteban Carpio, was expected to be arraigned on one count of murder today for the alleged killing of Detective James Allen. The detective was shot with his own weapon while questioning Carpio over the weekend about a stabbing, according to police.

Carpio's relatives says the suspect had sought treatment for paranoid delusions.

His grandmother says he was, "pacing, talking, seeing things" leading up to the alleged murder.

Carpio alternatively lived with his mother in the Boston area or in Providence with his girlfriend.

The sister of Carpio's girlfriend says he had a three-year-old child with his girlfriend and had a job, though she did not know where.

Suspect's family says he was having 'nervous breakdown'
09:10 AM EDT on Tuesday, April 19, 2005
BY CATHLEEN F. CROWLEY, Journal Staff Writer

Esteban Carpio was spiraling down toward a mental collapse in the weeks before he was accused in Sunday's deadly shooting of a police officer, according to his girlfriend.

Samein Phin said she and Carpio's family tried three times over the past three months to get him admitted into a hospital for mental treatment. All their attempts failed; Carpio refused help.

Less than 12 hours before Detective James L. Allen was shot and killed as he interviewed Carpio, Phin said she had called a Providence mental health agency seeking help for Carpio. She was told to bring him in on Monday, she said.

Phin met Carpio at a Providence nightclub five years ago. Phin said Carpio had been a barber, but was not working. Phin, who is 22, would not say what she did for a living. They lived together in Providence and have a 3-year-old daughter.

Court records show that Carpio, 26, was arrested three times on charges of assaulting Phin. The domestic assault charges were dismissed because Phin never appeared in court, according to the records.

ON SATURDAY evening, detectives arrived at the apartment that Phin and Carpio shared at 70 Nashua St. in Providence. Phin said she answered the door and stepped outside to speak with police. Carpio was inside.

When the police told her they wanted to talk to Carpio about the stabbing of an 84-year-old Providence woman, Phin said she began to cry.

Just a mile away, Madeline Gatta, 84, had been stabbed outside her home earlier that day in what police called an attempted purse-snatching. A neighbor who witnessed the assault called the police to report that the assailant drove away in a red Dodge Caravan. The witness gave the police the license plate number. Police traced the van to Carpio and Phin, who had rented it for a trip to Atlantic City a few days earlier.

Phin let the police search the van and impound it.

She said she warned the police about Carpio's fragile mental state. "I told them this guy is having a problem," she said.

Phin said she coaxed Carpio out of the house.

"I said, 'Come out of the house. These are detectives and they want to talk to you about something that happened,' " she said. "I said, 'Just relax baby, just relax. I'll be by your side.' "

Phin said the police handcuffed Carpio's hands behind his back and she put a coat over his shoulders. Officers drove him to the police station in a cruiser and Phin said she followed in a detective's cruiser about a half-hour later.

Detective Allen introduced himself and shook her hand, Phin said.

Again, Phin said she repeated her warnings.

"He's been having problems. He's been having a nervous breakdown," she said.

Phin said she sat at a detective's desk while investigators questioned Carpio down the hall.

Then she heard the gunshots. She called Carpio's mother on her cell phone and screamed for her to come to the station. A detective grabbed the phone away, she said.

The police say Carpio wrestled Detective Allen's gun away from him, shot the detective and fired the gun at a window. Carpio jumped out the window, surviving the 30-foot drop, and ran away as chaos enveloped the police station. The police arrested him a short time later after a chase and struggle on Washington Street.

The police would not comment yesterday about the conversations between Phin and the detectives.

CARPIO GREW UP in Roslindale, Mass., where his mother still lives. In early April, Carpio's mother had called 911 because her son was hearing voices and seeing things, Phin said.

"He thought someone was after him," she said. "He felt like something was grabbing his soul. He felt like someone was doing voodoo on him."

He was taken from his mother's house by ambulance to Faulkner Hospital in Boston, but he refused treatment, Phin said.

A few days later, Phin brought him to Rhode Island Hospital. She lied to get him to go with her. She said she needed to go to the hospital. Carpio "freaked out" once he realized the truth.

She said he was agitated and muttering into his hand, over and over: "I'm God. I'm the finest gold."

The emergency room doctors ran several tests, Phin said, and then he was taken by ambulance to the Providence Center, an outpatient community mental health center.

Carpio walked away from the center, but Phin found him and took him back. A counselor spoke with him for about an hour, she said, and gave him a follow-up appointment, but he never went.

Officials from both Rhode Island Hospital and the Providence Center said patient information is confidential and they would not confirm whether Carpio was treated at their facilities.

Phin said Carpio hasn't been the same since he was in a car accident about two years ago. The car Carpio was in was broadsided and he suffered head injuries. He was in a coma for a day, she said, and he has a scar over his eye and under his nose.

His mental state worsened in the past two months, she said. Phin, who is Cambodian, took him to the Khmer Buddist temple on Hanover Street and a monk blessed him, she said.

On Saturday morning, Phin said she called the Providence Center's hot line. Carpio hadn't slept in three or four days, she said. He was convinced someone was trying to break in and had turned on every light in the house. She said the center told her to bring him in on Monday.

"What can I do?" Phin said yesterday. "I tried to find him help. It's too late now."


Also, Another bizarre murder in Ohio..."mental illness"? TAKE A CLOSER LOOK!
Alleged sniper instructed by schizophrenic voices


April 29, 2005

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The man on trial in a series of highway shootings heard mocking voices from the television for years, leading him to drop wood and bags of concrete off overpasses and then to buy a gun, his attorney told jurors yesterday.
Charles McCoy Jr. "believed people could read his mind" and would use those thoughts to make fun of him, Mark Collins said as he opened the defense case.

McCoy, 29, is charged with 24 counts in 12 shootings on and near Columbus-area highways, involving vehicles, houses and a school, over five months in 2003 and 2004. One woman was killed.

The defense concedes that McCoy was the shooter but wants to convince jurors that he had severe, untreated paranoid schizophrenia that kept him from knowing right from wrong.

McCoy would be hospitalized if jurors accept his plea of innocence by reason of insanity, though defense attorneys are not allowed to tell the jury that. He could face the death penalty if convicted of aggravated murder in the November 2003 death of Gail Knisley, who was shot while riding in a car on Interstate 270, which circles Columbus. She was the only person struck in the string of shootings. Collins said he will show that McCoy became progressively bizarre and sometimes threatening to his relatives. On a 0-100 scale on the severity of his paranoid schizophrenia, medical experts will testify that McCoy ranks between 85 and 95, the attorney said.

His mother, Ardith McCoy, testified that he was a star high school football player, with many friends. "The phone rang off the hook," she said.

He went to Columbus State University but dropped out and started spending more time in the basement, she said. He was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.

She wept when describing how the first medication he took left him aching all over and unable to turn his head.

"We didn't hear him laugh for a couple of years," she said.