US Indymedia Global Indymedia Publish About us
Printed from Boston IMC : http://boston.indymedia.org/
Boston.Indymedia
IVAW Winter Soldier

Winter Soldier
Testimonies
Brad Presente

Other Local News

Spare Change News
Open Media Boston
Somerville Voices
Cradle of Liberty
The Sword and Shield

Local Radio Shows

WMBR 88.1 FM
What's Left
WEDS at 8:00 pm
Local Edition
FRI (alt) at 5:30 pm

WMFO 91.5 FM
Socialist Alternative
SUN 11:00 am

WZBC 90.3 FM
Sounds of Dissent
SAT at 11:00 am
Truth and Justice Radio
SUN at 6:00 am

Create account Log in
Comment on this article | Email this article | Printer-friendly version
News ::
What is the dirt bag American gov't lying about now?
02 Nov 2001
In the following report from World Net Daily the gov't claims that they will not reinstate the draft but in the same breath claim that this war with the Afghan Freedom Fighters will last for years and that the draft will probably be reinstated.
What is the dirt bag American gov't lying about now?

In the following report from World Net Daily the gov't claims that they will not reinstate the draft but in the same breath claim that this war with the Afghan Freedom Fighters will last for years and that the draft will probably be reinstated. Also they are reminding that males must register within 30 days of their 18th birthday. So if there will be not draft, why do they need you to register?

When the American propaganda machine first wound up into high gear after the attack on the WTC they tried to make the Taliban look cruel and inhuman by making claims that they come in the middle of the night and grab men from their homes and drag them off to fight.

But that is exactly what this dirty, gov't garbage trash American gov't has done time and time again during all our wars being from the time Lincoln began the draft to start the Civil War as there was no interest from the North in this war either.

I know from experience that the American dirty gov't dogs will come to YOUR house and drag you off to go fight in THEIR war while their sons and daughters stay home with Mommy and Daddy or well protected behind the line. Our great and fearless president Bush was not in the active military and never served in Viet Nam but he willing will send you and your sons to die for him and HIS war.

It is time to turn your back on this gov't and run. Do not serve this gov't, do not do anything to help them. Do what you can to trip them up and put pressure on them to get out of Afghanistan. Be as disruptive to their operations as possible. Organize into cell groups and plan your strategy. Don't serve this filthy, scum sucking gov't.

U.S. not considering conscription

Officials deny reports Pentagon will reinstate military draft

By Jon Dougherty
2001 WorldNetDaily.com

Reports that Washington is set to reinstate a military draft to augment forces currently assigned to wage the nation's war on terrorism are false, say officials with the nation's draft agency and the Pentagon.

In a statement issued earlier this week, the Selective Service System said, "No heightened measures have been undertaken to bring the nation closer to the re-establishment of conscription" following the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks on the U.S.

While "young men are reminded that they are required by existing federal law to register with Selective Service System within 30 days of their 18th birthday," the statement said, no calls for additional troops to be drafted are on the table.

In the meantime, the agency "remains in a standby, caretaker status."

"There is no consideration of ... (reinstating the draft) ... at this time, and from my conversations with the Pentagon, it's not something they anticipate," White House spokesman Ari Fleischer told reporters Sept. 19.

"(The draft) ... is not something that we've addressed, and it is not something that is immediately before us. At the moment, I do not foresee the need to do that," Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said a week later.

To reinstate conscription takes an act of Congress, Selective Service officials say, pointing out that the U.S. has not had to draft soldiers since the Pentagon went to an "all-volunteer force" concept in 1973.

In 1980, in response to the Soviet Union's invasion of ironically Afghanistan, President Carter signed an order requiring young men reaching their 18th birthday to register for the draft with Selective Service.

Other than that, Pentagon officials say regardless of the mission required of the U.S. military even during Desert Shield and Desert Storm, the actions to drive Iraq from Kuwait in which a half-million U.S. personnel were mobilized no draft has been needed.

But some analysts say a draft may be more likely now than in the past because Pentagon officials and the Bush administration have promised that the war against terrorism could last for years a fact that may mean draftees will be needed to fill personnel gaps as the war widens in scope.

Also, analysts point to a report yesterday that the Pentagon may already be feeling the personnel pinch. According to Pentagon spokeswoman Victoria Clarke, officials told the White House two weeks ago that military chiefs may need to call up more than the original 50,000 reservists authorized by President Bush in September.

Clarke did not say how many more troops the Pentagon may need.

In explaining why more reservists might be needed, Pentagon officials said they are receiving more and more requests for security forces at federal locations and installations.

Gen. William Kernan, head of the U.S. Joint Forces Command, said yesterday he has considered "the full array of air defense systems" to protect some sites.

"Most recently, some of the things we looked at are some of the nuclear power plants, some of the other critical infrastructure that supports the national and state governments," he said, but did not elaborate.

So far, seven states have called up National Guard troops to watch over nuclear power plants. They are: New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Arizona, Kansas and Arkansas.

Nevertheless, a spokesman for the House Armed Services Committee told WorldNetDaily that there had been no discussion of reinstating conscription.

Meanwhile, the Pentagon said an additional 515 Army reservists and Army National Guard members were called to active duty Wednesday as part of the partial mobilization authorized by Bush. Also, 208 more members of the Naval Reserve were called up yesterday.

The total number of forces called to active duty for the Army National Guard and Army Reserve is 13,931; Naval Reserve, 5,448; Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve, 19,643; Marine Corps Reserve, 612; and the Coast Guard Reserve 2,450. The total Reserve and National Guard troops called to active duty is 41,392 from 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.

Almost all call-ups have been for troops to deploy in domestic defense and security roles.

Related stories:

Bill would end the draft

Selective Service debate continues

Jon E. Dougherty is a staff reporter and columnist for WorldNetDaily, and author of the special report, "Election 2000: How the Military Vote Was Suppressed."
See also:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=25170
Add a quick comment
Title
Your name Your email

Comment

Text Format
Anti-spam Enter the following number into the box:
To add more detailed comments, or to upload files, see the full comment form.