Comment on this article |
Email this article |
Announcement :: Globalization
Undercurrents Video Activist Festival
13 Jun 2005
BEyONdTV festival seeks film enteries!!
Undercurrents are seeking entries now for the 6th annual video activist festival. See below for guidelines
November 26th-27th 2005
BEYONDTV is a unique blend of music, short movies, dance, subverts, animations and inspiring documentary, VJ's and other media artistry. We're going to celebrate our 6th annual festival in style on Swansea Marina and this year's event promises to be the funkiest yet. BEYONDTV relies on volunteers and is a non-profit event.
BEYONDTV screens the latest documentaries, community video and animations from the world's most best producers overlooked by mainstream broadcasters.
Guidelines for entering your film or animation into BEYONDTV 2005
1. The theme of your short film, animation or documentary should be social or environmental action. Sorry no dramas will be screened..
2. Ideally each film should be at least 30 seconds and no longer than 25 minutes in length (exceptions can be made so please contact beyondtv (at) undercurrents.org)
3. The film can be recorded using any type of format but the entry should be on miniDV/DVCAM/Hi8 or DVD (PAL).
4. Please label each tape with the name of the film along with contact name, phone number, postal and e-mail address of the director or producer. Please also supply a short summary of the film.
5. The festival is non-competitive. There is no fee to enter your film,
6. Entries should be received in the undercurrents office no later than 3rd October 2005. Post to undercurrents old telephone exchange, pier st Swansea SA1 1RY UK
7. Undercurrents accepts no responsibility for any lost or damaged entries.
8. To save us money, if you would like your entry returned please enclose an SAE with the correct amount of postage with your entry.
9. We cannot guarantee to screen all films but if your film is chosen we will notify you in advance.
10.Screenings: all chosen film-makers will receive a pair of complimentary tickets but you need to be prepared to travel to the venue at your own expense.
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions.
Send tapes to
Old Telephone Exchange
+ 44(0)1792 455900
hello (at) undercurrents.org
This work is in the public domain