Comment on this article |
View comments |
Email this article |
Hidden with code "Advertising"
Announcement :: Media : Organizing : Politics
Donate to Infoshop.org
06 Nov 2006
Are you concerned about the increasing consolidation of news and information? Do you support alternative media? Do you want to read more books and magazines on current events with reporting and analysis from a radical perspective? Do you want to support grassroots organizations that support grassroots activists around the world?
Please Support Infoshop.org and the Alternative Media Project
Are you concerned about the increasing consolidation of news and
information? Do you support alternative media? Do you want to read more
books and magazines on current events with reporting and analysis from a
radical perspective? Do you want to support grassroots organizations
that support grassroots activists around the world?
We'd like to invite you to donate to Infoshop.org and the Alternative
Media Project. You donation will help us continue operating as one of
the most popular online resources and independent news services. Your
donation will help us achieve projects that we dream about, but need a
bit of help to make a reality.
Infoshop.org and the Alternative Media Project need to raise a minimum
of $2500 by December 1, 2006 to continue our basic operations for the
next 5 months. We need to raise this money to pay our writers, pay
bills, and fund our basic projects. Your assistance will also help us
launch our new quarterly magazine of news and analysis, Infoshop News & Views.
* Celebrated 11 years of being online.
* Topped the 23,000 mark in the number of news stories in our archives.
* Published original investigative reporting by Kari Lydersen and
other regular contributors.
* Finished most of the editing work on our first book, The Black
Bloc Papers, which is due to be published in November.
* Re-designed the Infoshop website.
* Increased number of visitors and users of the website.
* Produced 7 podcasts in the first half of the year. Podcasts will
* Launched the InfoCities blog service.
* Launched the new Infoshop Library.
* Raised over $8000 for Hurricane Katrina relief and helped establish the Common Ground medical clinics, which have served over 23,000 New Orleanians.
What Could We Do Beyond Our Basic Expenses?
With the fundraising drive, we are asking people to help us cover basic
expenses. What could we do if we had even more money and resources? We
have some big visions, which you can help us create.
* Pay writers and artists. Every $600 over our basic budget
will enable us to add a new beat writer. For example, we could pay
writers to cover technology and/or indigenous issues. We'd like to
increase the amount of investigative reporting, movement journalism and
editorial writing from anarchist and radical viewpoints.
* Publish more books, pamphlets, videos, music, and white papers
through Breaking Glass Press. We could publish a series of books on
contemporary anarchist writers. We could publish books on radical
parenting or an anthology on anti-imperialism.
* $1300 will help us publish the first issue of Infoshop News &
Views, a newstand quality magazine of news and analysis that will come
* $100/month will help us establish the Infoshop office in Kansas City. We want to set up an office for Infoshop/AMP staff and volunteers.
* Expand and promote our InfoCities blogging service. The blogs are free to qualified people, but the service takes time and money to maintain.
Please Donate Today!
Donate using credit card via infoSHOP Direct
Please send a check or money order made out to "Alternative Media Project" to:
Alternative Media Project
PO Box 7171
Shawnee Mission, KS 66207
This work is in the public domain
Chuck Munson begging on IndyMedia
(No verified email address)
06 Nov 2006
This is blatant abuse of IndyMedia. Who is Chuck Munson to spam IndyMedia for donations to his personal website? Will the RCP be invited to ask for donations here? How about WhatReallyHappened.com?
Isn't this pathetic and abusive?